As the Holiday Season begins, many of us are preparing for Holiday parties with all the festivities they bring. But just because you’re throwing or attending an annual party doesn’t mean you have to throw away your health for the season. Try these helpful hints to keep your health on the nice list this season.
- Keep healthy snacks on hand instead of reaching for the holiday cookies (most of the time)
- Keep your smile bright (for all those photos) by brushing with fluoride toothpaste and flossing every day
- Don’t be a Grinch! Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of long-lasting diseases and conditions. Adults should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Get on the nice list by saying farewell to smoking habits. Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. Make your Holiday activities smoke- and tobacco-free events.
- Give the gift of love, not the flu! Get your vaccinations and wash your hands, sharing is not caring when it comes to the flu and colds. If you start sneezing or coughing, be sure to cover your nose and mouth like a newly wrapped gift.
- Carve out time to be active this Season
Most importantly, be sure to enjoy your time with friends and family.